Effective as of April 2, 2019
This document describes the information that we (“Kite”) collect when you interact with our services, which include the website, the Kite Engine, our editor integrations, and other software that we develop (our “services”).
Information We CollectWhen you use our services, we may collect the following usage data on how you interact with our services:
- Which editors you are using Kite with.
- Number of requests that the Kite Engine has handled for you.
- How often you use specific Kite features, such as how many completions from Kite you used.
- Size of codebases that you work with based on number of files in the codebase.
- Names of third party Python packages that you use.
- CPU and RAM usage of the Kite Engine.
- Number of Git projects you work with.
- Number of collaborators in the Git projects you work with.
- Number of requests which orignated from a Git project that the Kite Engine has handled for you.
- Information about yourself that you voluntarily provide to us such as your name, email address and other contact information.
- Information provided to us by cookies and related technologies such as pixel tags. We may use these technologies to provide and promote our services.
- Anonymized pings that contain no metadata – These pings serve as “heartbeats” to indicate whether or not our services are functioning properly.
- Error reports provided by third party services such as Rollbar and Crashlytics.
What We Use Your Information ForWe use the information collected for purposes including:
- Understanding how and in what environments our users use our services.
- Improving our services to provide a better experience for our users.
- Periodically contacting you about updates to our services.
- Promoting and marketing our services.